Real Madrid are plotting a move to sign Manchester City star Sergio Aguero.
The Spanish giants’ desire to buy a South American striker from the Premier League is well-known, but it appears that Argentina international Aguero is now the preferred target rather than Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
According to The Guardian, Real enquired about Aguero’s availability over the summer and made him their top transfer target – ahead of even Gareth Bale.
They were told that Aguero was not available at any price, but now plan to revisit the situation in January. Carlo Ancelotti’s club will launch a bid that is far in excess of the £38m paid to their local rivals Atletico Madrid to sign Aguero in 2011.
For his part, Aguero has insisted that he is settled at City.
He told The Guardian: “I’m very happy at City, very happy since the day I came.
“I knew that the project was good and in my head there is nothing else but Manchester City, so how long I’m going to be at City is just never a question.
“I’m happy here, my family’s here when they come to England, all I can do is give everything I have for the club and concentrate on achieving for the club.
“We are improving every year the team, the club, the club is growing, we are working in the same direction to get the club as high as possible.
“Some years are better than others, but it’s a much better club, a much better team than it was four or five years ago, so we just have to go [continue] in the same way.”