Tuesday 15 October 2013

Reds stay for Agger

Reds stay for Agger


Denmark international Daniel Agger insists he intends to see out his Liverpool contract despite reported interest from Barcelona.

Reds stay for Agger The 28-year-old centre half joined the club back in 2006 and has a current deal which does not come to an end until 2016, and despite Barca's interest, Agger says he is happy at Anfield and has no great desire to move on.
The Spanish champions had been keen but a summer move to the Camp Nou failed to materialise because Liverpool put a block on it, according to Agger.
"The (Barcelona) move was up to the club," Agger is quoted as saying by Ekstra Bladet. "The club would not sell me.
"I do not know [if I will play at another club]. Right now I have two-and-a-half years left on my contract, and I intend to fulfil my contract.
"I'm glad [to be] at Liverpool and playing well. We have a great team, and if I can win something it will be great. Liverpool is a huge club."

No comments:

Post a Comment