Friday 20 September 2013

Aspas "unhappy" with Liverpool life

Aspas "unhappy" with Liverpool life.

Liverpool new-boy Iago Asapas is pleased to have joined Brendan Rodgers' side - but concedes his lack of goals is a concern


Liverpool new-boy Iago Aspas has admitted to being "unhappy" with life at Anfield - despite having only joined the club in the summer.
Aspas, a £7.7 million signing from Celta Vigo just a month or so ago, has spoken of his frustration at the lack of goals.
The 26-year-old forward has failed to find the net in his first four matches for his new employers and has aired his frustrations at his inability to find the net.

While Aspas remains happy to have secured a high-profile move to Liverpool, he conceded that the goal-shy start to his Anfield career is cause for concern.
Speaking to Liverpool's official website, Aspas said: "Over the last four or five seasons I haven’t gone as many games as this without a goal.
"I’ve never been an out-and-out goalscorer but it’s true that over the last three seasons I have scored quite a number of goals.
"I suppose on a personal level I’m not entirely happy as I would want to be because I still feel I can do better.
"I’m working hard every day to improve and to be able to show that on the pitch to my team-mates."
Despite his slow star to life at Liverpool, boss Brendan Rodgers has backed his new recruit to make a big impression on Merseyside.
And after Philippe Coutinho was ruled out for six weeks with a shoulder problem, Aspas looks set for an extended run in the first-team, with the Spaniard hoping to find his form as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment