Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho has been banned from the training ground gym for being too strong.
The Frenchman is barred from using the equipment until the Reds get it reinforced.
The ban was imposed after he broke a piece of equipment during a strength test.
Sakho said: “It’s true that one of the machines did break. Something went wrong with it, so they had to fix it and reinforce it.”
The 23-year-old was undergoing tests with head physio Chris Morgan when he got the better of the machine. He has been told to hold the weight training until the gear is adapted to be able to cope with his brute strength.
And it sounds like the equipment is going to take some punishment, with Sakho saying he wants to get even bigger.
He said: “Strength is one of my attributes and I want to continue developing my strength as it is a key part of my game.
“I’m a defender and I need to use that, but I need to fill out more and bulk up to progress.”