Saturday 24 August 2013

David James tips Liverpool for fourth in Premier League

David James tips Liverpool for fourth in Premier League

David James former England goalkeeper talks during the Leaders In Sport conference at Stamford Bridge on October 11, 2012
 
 
Former Liverpool goalkeeper David James believes that the Reds will finish in the Champions League places this season.

The former England stopper feels that his old club are more than capable of finishing fourth in the Premier League and he admitted he has been "impressed" by what he has seen close up following a trip to their training ground this week.

"I think Liverpool will get fourth. I think they can do it. With the diversity they have, bringing in the likes of Iago Aspas and Philippe Coutinho - two very talented players," James told the club's official website.

"[They have] Daniel Sturridge as well, who last season I thought was Brendan
Rodgers' best acquisition. Even with the lack of Luis Suarez in the side there has been a lot of diversity in the team, which I've been impressed with. The young players as well look good.

"I went to Melwood on Friday and what got me most was the planning for the future, and I was very, very impressed."

The Reds travel to Aston Villa today.

No comments:

Post a Comment